shiek_yerbouti

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Huh? Did I miss something?

...and no please don’t leave Zen!

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Did he threaten to leave, or is this just a zenstat appreciate thread?

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just found this:

Seems like he can be reached via pm.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
zen has been very helpful and kind to me as a newbie. I would hate to see the forum lose his expertise. we would all be the poorer for that

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Just found this:

Seems like he can be reached via pm.
Once again, a member says he filed a report and had no response, as far as I can tell no report was ever sent to us.
I have double checked the "contact us" and it is working with no issues, and we have had other reports sent to us.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Did he say he was leaving?

[U]zenstat[/U]
Senior Cymbal Nerd

JoinedFeb 5, 2012Messages4,169Reaction score1,001LocationAuckland New Zealand

I stopped posting on this site as of 27 October 2019 but I'm making this one exception. I had some issues which needed moderation/discussion and despite reporting this to the Moderation team (via the report button) I never had the courtesy of a reply. Nor was any action taken that I could tell. I haven't asked for my account to be deleted because I'm in the middle of research which is carried on by PMs (aka conversations) and I need to be logged in to keep harvesting information. But no more posts for the foreseeable future. I'm happily doing a major restructure of my databases and working on writing up more research results. They will appear on Cymbal Wiki where I won't be trolled.

The tone of some posts in this thread have convinced me that I made the right decision, although it has also revealed that perhaps the report button wasn't working properly. I used to be involved in helping to resolve these sorts of buy/sell disputes on Cymbalholic (RIP) so I know what is involved in Moderation work. But I burned out on Moderation burdens compounded by my general ill health. Now I've left here for similar reasons because I don't feel supported by the Moderation team.

Life is short. Dance and Drum.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Once again, a member says he filed a report and had no response, as far as I can tell no report was ever sent to us.
I have double checked the "contact us" and it is working with no issues, and we have had other reports sent to us.
There was never a response to the 3 or 4 times that I’ve filed a report. I wonder if there’s any record of those attempts?

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well that's a really big bummer. I always valued his input. Sorry it didn't work out. I suppose if we ever need to reach him, we can do so through his website.
What a shame.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the reports that I've seen and handled were spam reports...in those cases I just deleted the spam and the spammer's account unless it was a PM from someone I didn't respond...guess it would be good practice to do so.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
And as far as I could tell on my end of the page view, it was sent. The "Contact Us" page on the forum is pretty simple to use. It pre-populates one's email address and forum ID name. All you have to type in is a "subject" and a "message." Then hit the big black "SEND" button at the bottom of the page. It then tells you a message was sent and you will be contacted. Pretty fool proof. If you don't hit send.....you don't receive a confirmation of sending anything. Simple. I'd wager my message is sitting out there somewhere....spam file....deleted file....trash file, etc. On my end is that I get no permanent confirmation or duplication of the message on my GMail. Nothing in my GMail account shows that I sent a message back around Nov 11th/12th or Nov 21st. But the mods did receive the one most recently sent. Was the system working properly every day of the past year without exceptions?

I support whatever Zenstat decides is best for him. But, he is a living legend in the Cymbal World. It would be a great loss to the community to lose his expertise.

Last edited:

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
This is how the system works.......the "contact us" sends an email to me and our tech guys.
The "report" sends the report, that all the mods and myself can see, we discuss it between ourselves and take action or no action
as we see fit. We usually dont respond to the person who sent the report, unless they request that we do.

Ben

Latest posts