ZICKOS Question PICS ADDED!

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
I picked up a Zickos 18x18 drum that had the metal bass drum Zickos hoop on one side and a regular Zickos rim on the other. It also had both floortom legs AND Bass drum spur mounts. Both the floor tom legs and the bass drum spur mounts had the clear gaskets.

Did Zicko make such a drum???

DavidKC

Reaction score
Yes, we did. It was a special order item. We had a handful of players that would use their ft as a bass drum in a smaller jazz configuration. i don't remember exactly who many of these were made, but if memory serves you could probably count them all on one hand. You own a rare piece of Zickos equipment.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
DavidKC said:
Yes, we did. It was a special order item. We had a handful of players that would use their ft as a bass drum in a smaller jazz configuration. i don't remember exactly who many of these were made, but if memory serves you could probably count them all on one hand. You own a rare piece of Zickos equipment.
THANK YOU! I'll post some pics as soon as I get it cleaned up. VERY well made and heavy drum.

trixonian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

I encourage you to look up davidKc'sprior Zickos posts - they are quite informative! I look forward to your pics as well. Drumarchive dot com also has some great catalogs and old price lists you might enjoy.

Hi David,
I'm glad to see you're still posting and sharing your knowledge!!!!

DavidKC

Reaction score
Very nice. cleaned up well. someone took good care of it over the years. enjoy

Latest posts