ZICKOS Supersonic full kit, fiberglass shells

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
Coincidently there was a floor tom in a pic on a thread in GENERAL section about a Premier snare listing on the bay lacking pics, and a pic of the snare with the kit showed a floor tom of this type. I only saw one tom like these listed once, but heres a full kit! Smaller diameter on tom than on bottom, and the shells are like a half a foot thick! :blink:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZICKOS-SUPERSONIC-4-PIECE-EARLY-70S-PROTO-TYPE-FIBERGLASS-WHITE-VERY-RARE-/190638520265?pt=Vintgae_Drums_Percussion&hash=item2c62f0f7c9

franke

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

Not to offend anyone who might feel otherwise but those are the ugliest drums I've ever seen. They sort of remind me of cryonic chambers or some other high-tech-y looking lab equipment.

Lee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

Not to offend anyone who might feel otherwise but those are the ugliest drums I've ever seen. They sort of remind me of cryonic chambers or some other high-tech-y looking lab equipment.
I'm with you on this one, Franke. They look like altered autoclave units.

LOCOPELAND

Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

Yeah, I gotta agree. Very ugly construction. Looks like they were made with old wash tubs.

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
Definitely, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess that is why they are so unique? I cannot say I have ever seen those before. hmmm

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ugly, sorta, goofy lookin=FOR SURE! Two different head sizes, crazy....all equals up to I WISH I COULD GET THEM! :lol: Mostly, I wonder what they sound like....and....just how HEAVY would they be?

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
Very Duplex Spirit of st Louis looking. I have a snare but I have seen pics of these kits before.

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My local store here in Sweden was the distributer of Zickos and sold one of these kits to a friend of mine.
Sounded good.
Looked awesome!

Hmmm... maybe I should give him a call and see if they are for sale...

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Exactly the same thing that popped into my head.

Thud

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I love the non-standard drums out there. They might not all sound good or look like we expect them to, but I really dig the weird stuff.
I'd love to own a set of Molecules.

Latest posts