Zildjian 18" Medium Thin Crash 1454 Grams $60

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good, used condition. Some stick marks but not cracks or flea bites, slight key holing. A nice player, probably 90's? 1454 grams.

$60 plus shipping, probably $15.

IMG_2343.JPG
IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2345.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is a fantastic cymbal! I have a brilliant version of this cymbal and it is what I would define as the quintessential "crash cymbal" sound.

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tommy, I'm just more of a Paiste guy I think...trying to fund some Giant Beats

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Interesting combination of ink on that one Sean. It's earlier than 1990s, not that it matters that much.

The solid ZILDJIAN on the bottom (without a ®) is 1982-ish. But a cymbal with the solid ZILDJIAN on the bottom usually has a solid ZILDJIAN on the top as well. Yours doesn't. Unusual. Maybe it was removed, but in such a way that the model ink was left in good condition?

The model ink "MEDIUM THIN CRASH" doesn't have the diameter written underneath it, which came in at about the same time (1982-ish). Unusual again. Why would somebody remove just the diameter info and preserve the "MEDIUM THIN CRASH"?

This has me wondering if that's a Hollow Ink (aka Hollow Logo) from the 1978-80 period, and somebody filled in the hollow lettering on the bottom. The way that bottom ZILDJIAN has worn makes me wonder. So does the 70s looking hammering on the top, and the look of the bottom. And it has what we call the 70s die stamp, although use of the 70s die stamp seems to have lasted well past the 1970s from what I can tell so far.

ref: http://black.net.nz/avedis/avedis-gallery.html#SolidInkZ

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think you are right about it being a hollow logo colored in, it looks more like marker than a stamp to me. Thanks for the information.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Filling in the hollow logo fits all the other evidence. And it's not the first time I've seen people do their own logos or logo modification.

Since you are a Paiste guy, here's one which somebody made so this 18" Paiste Dixie would match the rest of their cymbals. :dontknow:

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ha! I'm not sure if there'd be a way to remove permant marker but leave the ink...if someone cared that much.

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Amazing buy! If I didn't have one (and love it!) this would be gone!!

sws2h

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised it's here too...so how about $60 to sweeten the pot

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
someone grab this before I do...(edit...SOLD :) ) era/weight/condition make it a no brainer.....usually the top ink stamp not that visable.