Zildjian 22" K Dark Medium Ride SOLD

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Fantastic versatile ride. Killer bell and actually crashes very good(some of these don't). Professionally installed for 3 rivets.

2918 Grams

$260 shipped
IMG_4742.JPG
IMG_4743.JPG

Last edited:

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Really nice weight for one of these. Mine is 2960g and somehow still feels and plays like a thinner cymbal. Crashes great. I think these are best under 3000g. A lower pitch brings out the real magic of this design.

I wish, wish, wish that Zildjian would also offer a medium-thin version of this exact design. 2500-2800g. It would be an absolutely incredible cymbal.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
I wish, wish, wish that Zildjian would also offer a medium-thin version of this exact design. 2500-2800g. It would be an absolutely incredible cymbal.
I thought of when you said that of-- the K Constantinople Big Band 21" Ride ....(had one) (ever have one? check it out) .. discontinued).

In regard to the K Dark Medium ( I have one 3013g) Paul Francis - yes the Paul Francis- said this to me over at Cymbalholic ( yes he was a regular)

"Hey Joe,
Thanks for buying that pie! It's really a great model. Although it is in the "K" series it really is closer to a K Constantinople in design and hammering. The cymbal was designed in conjunction with Cindy Blackman. She was looking for a cymbal where she could play straight ahead stuff and use on the Lenny Kravitz rock gig. So she needed something with some weight for the rock gigs but also something that had a lot of complexity when played in a smaller venue. No small feat on Z's part to accomplish this!!

So this design incorporates a larger bell than what is in other "K" or "K Con" style rides so it will project in a rock gig but also has the K Con style hammering for the complexity along with it having some flexibility especially at a weight of around 6 3/4- 7 lbs. so it can be crashed and doesn't sound like you're crashing a maintenance hole cover. Enjoy that pie!!"

Paul Francis 6/10/18 Cymbalholic website Ebay Gems and Fun Stuff post #2174

Sorry for interruption! GLWS

Last edited:

pedro navahas

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m still in search of a sound in my head, any way to get a sound file?

Bigstick

Reaction score
Really nice weight for one of these. Mine is 2960g and somehow still feels and plays like a thinner cymbal. Crashes great. I think these are best under 3000g. A lower pitch brings out the real magic of this design.

[/QUOT

I have a prototype at 2700 grams and it is incredible!