Zildjian A 15” new beat hi hats

nmosko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello! Looking for a pair of these for a good price. They are all over reverb and what not but I don’t have very much to spend, just around a couple hundred. Thanks!!

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up to $200 should be easy for nice 15" new beats 60's through 90's. The earlier ones will generally be lighter. Some of the more current ones are pretty darn heavy. Choose carefully.
Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay, FB, Reverb. You can pick off nice pairs at a great price from time to time. On Ebay I've picked off a couple 60's and 70's pairs in the $125-$135 range....delivered.

Last edited:

healthie1

Reaction score
Up to $200 should be easy for nice 15" new beats 60's through 90's. The earlier ones will generally be lighter. Some of the more current ones are pretty darn heavy. Choose carefully.
Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay, FB, Reverb. You can pick off nice pairs at a great price from time to time.
I got mine for $225 Canadian recently.

Franklin Nigel Stein

Reaction score
I went with lossforgain’s route and paired a 1960 900g thin with a 1935 1425g bottom. Both Zildjians. Much darker than NBs. They’re sort of jazz New Beats.

They sounded amazing to my ears and I don’t care about what’s stamped on the cymbals.

edit - I should mention that as vintage Zildian 15s aren’t that cheap, they still cost me right at 200 dollars.