Zildjian Cluster Crash and Constantinople hats!

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

Well, prior to the virus situation we are all in, my wife and I were in Nashville making a donation to The Nashville Ballet on behalf of my late mother, and my wife said we had to go to Fork's Drum Closet. She knew it was a wonderfully tough day for me.

We arrived at their new facility, very nice by the way, and I wanted to check out Zildjian cymbals, specifically crashes. Well, there it was, something new that I had never heard of... the Zildjian K Cluster crash. I tapped on it and had to find a stick. Done! Light, airy, dirty, little trashy, dark, 16" and it breathes! This crash speaks at all levels.

She asked me if I liked the hi hats on the kit that had this cymbal, I had not even thought about hats. She said check them out. Zildjian Constantinople 14's. Oh no..... they have a pronounced "chic", sound dark, sort of light, little bit of a wash, wood crackling, but not earsplitting cut like my 13" K/Z's. The hammering was very cool. I liked them! But, I said the crash is fine, if anything. She asked again if I liked them, I said hmmmmm...... asked the guy working (sorry I forgot your name), if they had anymore, and he had one more pair of 14's that were still in the package and the plastic shipping tab holding the pair together had not been removed. I removed it lol! Played them..... done! Beautiful! And the hats and crash together, music! So my wonderful wife twisted my arm and bought both for me!

Attachments

kluger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Lucky you for the new cymbals and great wife! K Constantinople hats are my favorite. I have two sets, one for home kit and one for gigging. Will need to look into the cluster, never heard them.

eigentone

Reaction score
How cool of her. I have three sets on Con hats (13, 14, 15 SLP.) They are great. The only hats I kinda miss are the Keropes. Enjoy them!

kevinyarger

Reaction score
K Cluster crashes are some of my favorite Zildjian's produced! I picked up some K Cluster prototype hats at pasic last year and enjoy those as well. They kind of bridge the gap to my ears of the regular K sweet hi hats and a K Con hi hat. Congrats on the purchase!!

hsosdrum

Reaction score
Hold onto that wife — she's a gem! (P.S. Does she have a sister? ;) )

Latest posts