Zildjian crash 14” or hi hat - SOLD

Ddrummer23

Reaction score
Vintage Zildjian crash 14” in VG condition physically. Cosmetically there are some marks on the underside which may come off if cleaned, I have not tried. This cymbal can also be used as bottom hi hat cymbal. If you look closely at the pics you can see the ink mark “Crash”.. This is a 60’s 3 dot cymbal in really good condition no dings, cracks or key holing. If you would like more pics just let me know..Shipping cost will be calculated and payed by buyer. I also have another 14” cymbal that can be used as the top hi hat 60-70’s..if interested let me know I have pics and we can make a good deal.

Thx for looking.

Attachments

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Based on your description, this sounds like a heavy 14" at 1000 gms or more. ??? I'd be looking for a lighter one to pair up with a heavy bottom.

Ddrummer23

Reaction score
Tama CW, these are pics of the other 14” that was used as a top hat, it feels slightly lighter?

Attachments

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Weights would be really helpful for these. Crash ink implies something like 650g - 850g, but I haven't got that narrowed down yet due to lack of data. A 14" cymbal with Crash ink on it would help a lot if I can get a proper weight for it.

The first one (60s short stamp) looks like it has a smaller than 4" diameter bell on it. The 4" bell is the one usually used for 14" cymbals be they Hi Hats or Crashes. That Crash ink (with no other information such as Thin Crash or diameter info) was in use up through the 60s. There were also mini cup hats but I believe those were in the 1970s not the 1960s.

The second one (late 50s Small Stamp) looks more like a 4" bell. If you place one cymbal over the other can you see if the bells are the same size? Perhaps my eyes just need re-calibrating. :confused2:

Last edited:

Ddrummer23

Reaction score
Hi Zenstat i took more pics but still hard to see any differences, will try to upload pics.
Pics are not uploading?? Ok they just uploaded.

Last edited:

Ddrummer23

Reaction score
Weights would be really helpful for these. Crash ink implies something like 650g - 850g, but I haven't got that narrowed down yet due to lack of data. A 14" cymbal with Crash ink on it would help a lot if I can get a proper weight for it.

The first one (60s short stamp) looks like it has a smaller than 4" diameter bell on it. The 4" bell is the one usually used for 14" cymbals be they Hi Hats or Crashes. That Crash ink (with no other information such as Thin Crash or diameter info) was in use up through the 60s. There were also mini cup hats but I believe those were in the 1970s not the 1960s.

The second one (late 50s Small Stamp) looks more like a 4" bell. If you place one cymbal over the other can you see if the bells are the same size? Perhaps my eyes just need re-calibrating. :confused2:

Attachments

Ddrummer23

Reaction score
Based on your description, this sounds like a heavy 14" at 1000 gms or more. ??? I'd be looking for a lighter one to pair up with a heavy bottom.
The bottom cymbal weighs 2lbs 1oz
Top. “. 1lb 13oz
I hope this helps let me know if you can convert to grams. Thx

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
The bells do look the same in those newer photos. Must be my eyes being tricked, or else they both have unusually small bells. :dontknow:

Latest posts