Zildjian Dealer Banners - Buddy Rich & Gene Krupa

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
I used to have the BR one when I was in high school. Also had another one...hmmmm... who was it. Cobham maybe??? Wish I knew what happened to stuff like that. Wouldn't be surprized to find out my mom has them in a box somewhere. I was helping her in her garage yesterday and a box fell open and two numeric birthday candles (a '2' and a '9') fell out as they were bundled together. They were off of my 29th birthday cake...and I just turned 50. The woman gets rid of nothing...

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
very nice. i especially like the krupa model. any idea of its date?

mike

Dave in VA

Reaction score
Hey Rich...I'm no expert but I think Buddy and Gene were the only two banners Zildjian put out that had no names printed except "Zildjian". The others all had the endorser's name printed. I assumed because everyone in the drum world knew Buddy and Gene...
Dave in VA

KINGTRIXON

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who has all four Zildjian banners, Louie Bellson and Billy Cobham were the other two featured artists. I think the Gene Krupa banner is the older model, it is larger, and just looks like it was made in a different place.

madchops82

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have this one that I'd be willing to part with. Love those banners!!! What an awesome score. My 2 favorite drummers.

Latest posts