Zildjian ideas...R&D. Let’s hear your ideas.

vinnyrac63

Reaction score
An 18 A (Big A) flat ride around 1450-1550 grams.
Some Avedis 15, 16, 17 crashes.
A 22 heavy complex and pingy ride (Some place between a Sound Creation Dark Ride and an Agop Idris Muhammed)
22 A (Big A) thin crash (limited run)
An Elvin Tribute

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
They also need 22” china options. So there’s that. I do think the current A Swish is perfect as it is. But a nice thin dark 22” China would be awesome. Something not overly trashy. Some of the old oriental trash versions can be nice, but I’d like to see something like a Kerope or K Con style of big china.

In fact, make a 21” and 22”.

Gotta say, I love this thread.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
So Z should get back to running the rarities program. Release some of these potentials in a rarities, but don’t call them prototypes. Frankly, I think resale is tough on a prototype. Rather just name it something right off the bat. Or try putting them into production with a 1 - 2 year run...see how they do.

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. They have been using that same logo for 50 years. It's stale. They need something fresh and edgy. Something that says, they just don't give AF.
I would love to see more offerings in 21".

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. They have been using that same logo for 50 years. It's stale. They need something fresh and edgy. Something that says, they just don't give AF.
Hahaha.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great sounds. I think that era is gone...hard to duplicate in a modern factory. Grab a couple of medium old Ks like Art did.
No. They can do it. I’ve seen it from my endorser friends. They’re mostly thinner K Cons, maybe there’s some extra hammering or shaping, but they’re thinned in a way to duplicate older cymbals. Thinner all around with much thinner edges, weight concentrated up by the bell

I don’t know why they don’t do it.

Also, along those lines. Every crash cymbal in every music store is too heavy. What is going on here ? I went into my local shop recently, must have had 20 Zildjians on the wall. There was only one worth my money, a 19 beautiful baby. But at 57 I don’t think I’m their target audience K dark crashes ? Too heavy. New A’s ? Too clangy. Hybrid ride ? Manhole cover.

Rant over

Last edited:

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
No. They can do it. I’ve seen it from my endorser friends. They’re mostly thinner K Cons, maybe there’s some extra hammering or shaping, but they’re thinned in a way to duplicate older cymbals. Thinner all around with much thinner edges, weight concentrated up by the bell

I don’t know why they don’t do it.

Also, along those lines. Every crash cymbal in every music store is too heavy. What is going on here ? I went into my local shop recently, must have had 20 Zildjians on the wall. There was only one worth my money, a 19 beautiful baby. But at 57 I don’t think I’m their target audience K dark crashes ? Too heavy. New A’s ? Too clangy. Hybrid ride ? Manhole cover.

Rant over
Try the K Sweets...those are thinner crashes. You may need to go through a few. I had one that was a dud. Then got another that is great.