Zildjian K Constantinople Players Here?

drummers_need_coffee.exe

Reaction score
I have to say that my 20" MTL is a lot of fun to play. It's a mellow ride and a lot of fun to crash, because it's not harsh at all and kind of sneaks up, but has a lot of presence.

Skeet6

Reaction score
I have the one of the first ones delivered to LIDC Nyack back when they first came out, a 22" light - it's an incredible instrument. A year or so later, at Manny's I picked up a 20" medium that is STILL my main ride these days.
Mike B

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the one of the first ones delivered to LIDC Nyack back when they first came out, a 22" light - it's an incredible instrument. A year or so later, at Manny's I picked up a 20" medium that is STILL my main ride these days.
Mike B
Pics?

As in one of the first ones in the whole series? When was that, 90's?

Skeet6

Reaction score
Yep, first ones. Not sure on year - but had to be around the time I was newly married. 97? 98? Long time ago, lol.
Mike B

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Any body running a 22" Renaissance in the main position?
I use it a lot. I did a trade with a fellow member for a regular Kerope (that was a beauty). The Renn is better suited for what I do. But typically go between a K Light and a dark medium. All good stuff. (And some vintage Zildjians). The K Light seems to have a louder bell than the Renn, which I need at times. They’re all beautiful, but of course, these individual Zildjians can really vary. I’m not just saying this, but I feel like I’ve found among the finest examples of all 3.

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I use it a lot. I did a trade with a fellow member. Great cymbal, but I use a few different things. I also will use a K Light and a dark medium. All good stuff. (And some vintage Zildjians). The K Light seems to have a louder bell than the Renn, which I need at times.
What does your Ren weigh?
I've found a couple of them over 2600 grams.
Some of you said your 22" Rens get lost in the mix, but I'm curious about the heavier ones. I love the way they all sound, so far.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
What does your Ren weigh?
I've found a couple of them over 2600 grams.
Some of you said your 22" Rens get lost in the mix, but I'm curious about the heavier ones. I love the way they all sound, so far.
I need to go look, but it’s in the 2600ish range. Which is my preference. Depending on what I’m doing, it CAN get lost in the stick. The K Light stick (at least mine) is a little more pronounced. So that one is probably the more versatile ride.

mark2456

Reaction score
Constantinoples that I've had:
20" (from the 90's before all the different labels)
22" light
22" medium

These were all really nice ones but I ended up selling them onwards, since I was using my Keropes more and one of my former students kept bugging me to sell them to him. :laughing6:

Constantinoples I still have:
22" Renaissance, just amazing, nasty and beautiful at the same time.
22" Flat, this thing is not for all occasions, but when you need a quiet and pretty with bit or shimmer, this one delivers. Had been a lifesaver on some dinner gigs.
Your eyes are getting heavy, you are drifting off to a deep sleep, when you awaken you will sell me that Zildjian K Constantinople 22” Flat ride. I’ve watched your YouTube videos of that cymbal it’s absolutely beautiful.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Your eyes are getting heavy, you are drifting off to a deep sleep, when you awaken you will sell me that Zildjian K Constantinople 22” Flat ride. I’ve watched your YouTube videos of that cymbal it’s absolutely beautiful.
If you're living in Sweden, then I might just sell it to you and get a Funch flat ride to replace it. :D

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So much for meeting halfway. I just watched you Gretsch Kit three different tunings. Anyone who tunes that well should be required by international law to post the tunebot settings. Awesome brother!
Thanks Mark, that made my day! :icon_e_biggrin:
I'm happy to send tunebot settings, just need to get one first and figure out how it works. :-?

poco rit.

Reaction score
Got a 22” MTH made in 2009. The model name stamp is hilariously displaced. The “High” is a little above and to the right from the “Medium Thin”, like someone forgot to put the “High” at first.

Does anyone know approximately what year the hammering changed to a spiral?

Older K Cons seem to have a more randomized all over hammering, where as the new ones (especially the MTLs) have almost perfectly spiral rows going outwards. Maybe this is a misperception and my eyes are deceiving me. The newer ones still sound great nonetheless.

10 Lug

Reaction score
those with excess cash look into the new extra-thin Con K hi hats:

where is the amsterdam video someone (ADG!) just posted
here it is

Joe,
Love the sound of the extra thins. Called the drum shop in NH and was told they are prototypes now and may be available next year. Do you know a place where they are available and would you happen to know how to contact Paul Francis? Thanks for any help.
Art

10 Lug

Reaction score
20” Renaissance w/ one rivet
22” MTL
22” Bounce

Love all of them.
Welcome.
"20” Renaissance w/ one rivet "
I'm curious where you placed this rivet, I have a Renaissance that seems to be crying for one. Did you regret or enjoy the result?
Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome.
"20” Renaissance w/ one rivet "
I'm curious where you placed this rivet, I have a Renaissance that seems to be crying for one. Did you regret or enjoy the result?
Thanks

Hey 10 Lug,

Thanks for the welcome.

I had Pro Drums in Hollywood install a single rivet at about 1 o’clock (on the side opposite where the cymbal naturally rests).

It was a great decision. Although it doesn’t REALLY sound like Elvin’s classic ride (I bet the 20” Bounce would do that perfectly), I like it’s sound even better and feel as though it’s more Elvin than Elvin’s ride (it captures some of his cymbal’s best attributes and amplifies them).

Of note: it was a fabulous cymbal without a rivet as well. It’s on the lighter side at 1796g but is still exceptionally articulate. Its light weight gives it a wonderful wash. Possibly my favorite cymbal out of many, including a full set of Bosphorus and an amazing Bettis.

Reactions: JDA