Zildjian K Constantinople Players Here?

10 Lug

Reaction score
Hey 10 Lug,

Thanks for the welcome.

I had Pro Drums in Hollywood install a single rivet at about 1 o’clock (on the side opposite where the cymbal naturally rests).

It was a great decision. Although it doesn’t REALLY sound like Elvin’s classic ride (I bet the 20” Bounce would do that perfectly), I like it’s sound even better and feel as though it’s more Elvin than Elvin’s ride (it captures some of his cymbal’s best attributes and amplifies them).

Of note: it was a fabulous cymbal without a rivet as well. It’s on the lighter side at 1796g but is still exceptionally articulate. Its light weight gives it a wonderful wash. Possibly my favorite cymbal out of many, including a full set of Bosphorus and an amazing Bettis.
Thank you kindly for the reply, much appreciated. How far from the edge did they put the rivet?

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thinking I'm gonna pick up a 22" Renaissance as a main crash and use my 20" MTL as my right side main crash.

Unless the Renaissance is higher pitched. My lower pitch crash is always my main on my left, and my higher is always on my right.

The MTL has been an amazing main crash, seems the 22 Renaissance seems amazing to add.

poco rit.

Reaction score
Thinking I'm gonna pick up a 22" Renaissance as a main crash and use my 20" MTL as my right side main crash.

Unless the Renaissance is higher pitched. My lower pitch crash is always my main on my left, and my higher is always on my right.

The MTL has been an amazing main crash, seems the 22 Renaissance seems amazing to add.
The 22 Ren is weird in that it has a suprisingly bright bell, but a warm complex wash. I actually think your 20 MTL may have a darker bell. I think that combo would be killer.

marc3k

Reaction score
Alright! But I'm sure you will also make your other kits sound great!

Latest posts