Zildjian K dry complex rides wanted

Cdwing16

Reaction score
Yeah, I sold all of my KCDCs.

Agreed on the Ren and Bounce. They are a little trashybut much more usable.

@poetman is selling his 22 Bounce. It’s in the low 2300g range I believe, which should make it a little more trashy than the more standard 2500g range for this line. I would check it out.

You should also check out the 22 Special Dry Crash. It’s a really cool crash / light ride, in my opinion. They were selling new at GC for less than $250 a couple months ago (some sort of sale/liquidation bc Zildjian was discontinuing the model).
Thanks! I messaged him on the bounce. Would love to hear a sample.

VinSparkle

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one 24 now. Had (past tease) this SoundLab version I found on Reverb that Paul Francis worked on and like a fool sold it. Top dollar but I'd gladly buy it back for what I got for it. Replaced it with another not quite as good. I agree that the 24's are surprisingly adaptable.
I have an over hammered 22 Bounce SoundLab that's smoother and less aggressive than my 22vI. Trashy but less spite.
Headphones recommended.
I’m hearing a lot of Trio Live in this ride. Gorgeous.

Bigstick

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 22” KCDC version I thin and a 24” KCDC version II. Let me know if you’re interested?

Quai34

Reaction score
I have a V2 22 that I love, back when I used to play fake jazz instead of shuffles all the time. I got it from Killian, it’s a great cymbal. But like a lot of the best stuff I own I can’t use it on my gigs.
Hi, could you explain why you cannot use it on your gigs?

Last edited:

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, could you explain why you cannot use it on your gigs?
Because I make my money playing soul, blues, country, and rock. And the Bill Stewart cymbal won’t sonically work for me stylistically.
The reason I own it, and a lot of other great thinner jazzier sounding cymbals is I love the sound, and that’s what I primarily listen to.

Last edited:

VinSparkle

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more thought. I just happened to get my hands on a nice 22 K Con Thin Overhammered (2270g). It sounds, to my ear, close to the Dry Complex V1 rides. But has more woody definition on the stick / fewer trash can-y qualities (but still, some nice trash when you slap it on the shoulder and the bell has some nice trash as the hit cascades down thru the bow). The pricing seems to be more reasonable too. Probably because Zildjian still produces the ride and thus more widely available and probably also because it isn’t associated with a famous artist.

Here is a short iPhone vid (sticks...Peter Erskine then SD4 Combo):

Last edited: