Reaction score
Set of Zildjian K's..

14 " K (top) hi-hat

14 " Z dyno beat (bottom)

17 " Dark thin crash

19 " Dark thin crash

22 " light ride

Plus a 10 " Sabian metal-X splash

All cymbals are used but very well taken care of, no dings, dents, keyholing or cracks.

Pretty firm with price of $750
I've tried my local Craigslist and such with no luck yet so figuring to try here.
Obviously looking to sell locally
Queens new york to be exact.

And sorry but not looking to sell separately

Attachments

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome cymbals. Nice price.

As someone who has tried to sell a whole set at once......good luck.... ;) I give you a 5% chance of doing that here.

I tried it with sickly low prices but the chances are really low someone wants the exact set of cymbals you are trying to sell.....

Anyway. Maybe you will be the first to do it.

I ended up splitting them up and they sold really, really quickly.

Hideousdivinity

Reaction score
Awesome cymbals. Nice price.

As someone who has tried to sell a whole set at once......good luck.... ;) I give you a 5% chance of doing that here.

I tried it with sickly low prices but the chances are really low someone wants the exact set of cymbals you are trying to sell.....

Anyway. Maybe you will be the first to do it.

I ended up splitting them up and they sold really, really quickly.
I hear ya.. I mean I'm at the point where I would consider trades I guess. I'm looking for sabians more along the lines of hhx's so if I get lucky that way I'll take it. But thanks for the input.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ive been trying so sell an HHX Sabian Legacy ride for months here.
And 13" groove hats.

Maybe YOU will buy them.

:cool: :)

Those are nice cymbals you have. I bet the 22 and 19 would go pretty quick sold alone especially with gram weights and a nice quality video

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I would like more info on the 17 and 19 ... weights ... perhaps a video or sound file. Thanks.

Hideousdivinity

Reaction score
I would like more info on the 17 and 19 ... weights ... perhaps a video or sound file. Thanks.
As I said I'm looking to sell them all or trade for hhx's individually or in a perfect world a hhx set .. what you are offering?. As for weight, sorry I don't know but I'm sure you can find that out with a quick search as well as videos on how they sound.

hoochymama

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you don't sell cymbals frequently most of us do not have a gram scale, and the post office/ups scales can be off, believe me I've heard about it from people when there 15 grams off. Some people also don't have the knowledge or time to do a sound file, which from my experience gives a general idea as to sound but that changes in person, room to room, stick, etc. I think the general line of the cymbal gives you a basic idea as to its sound, and when buying without hearing it in person its always a gamble, just my thought.

Hideousdivinity

Reaction score
If you don't sell cymbals frequently most of us do not have a gram scale, and the post office/ups scales can be off, believe me I've heard about it from people when there 15 grams off. Some people also don't have the knowledge or time to do a sound file, which from my experience gives a general idea as to sound but that changes in person, room to room, stick, etc. I think the general line of the cymbal gives you a basic idea as to its sound, and when buying without hearing it in person its always a gamble, just my thought.
I pretty much agree with everything you've stated. I've been playing since I was 16 and I'm 40 now but on and off throughout the years, so I've traded stuff and sold equipment but in person really so I generally don't know how people buy cymbals online from eachother these days especially when they are asking for weight and sound files. I can understand some people are meticulous about that sort of stuff and I don't blame them but yea there are many factors involved as you said but to each their own.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Your "competition" are on line dealers who sell once demo'd K packs (14 hats, 16,18,20) for $700-$720 shipped. Those are essentially brand new. But with sales tax now being added on Ebay, those run a net $760....and come with a warranty in most cases....and a return privilege. Competing for those same set dollars are the nearly new A391 packs (A's) at $500 or the A Custom packs at around $600-$650. I had an A391 pack last year that took me about 2 months to sell on CL for $475. Had lots of tire kickers in the lower $400's.

On the plus side is that single sales of those same K cymbals on Ebay (in demo condition) will net $900-$1000 as a group. So your best bet are single sales....unless you discount the K's down to around the $650 level. And shipping can take $50 out of your pocket.

Last edited:

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score
Your "competition" are on line dealers who sell once demo'd K packs (14 hats, 16,18,20) for $700-$720 shipped. Those are essentially brand new. But with sales tax now being added on Ebay, those run a net $760....and come with a warranty in most cases....and a return privilege. Competing for those same set dollars are the nearly new A391 packs (A's) at $500 or the A Custom packs at around $600-$650. I had an A391 pack last year that took me about 2 months to sell on CL for $475. Had lots of tire kickers in the lower $400's.

On the plus side is that single sales of those same K cymbals on Ebay (in demo condition) will net $900-$1000 as a group. So your best bet are single sales....unless you discount the K's down to around the $650 level. And shipping can take $50 out of your pocket.
Sorry you can not get a Zildjian K set of 14, 16, 18 & 20 for 700. Just checked ebay, amazon and shopping on google. And even then he has a 19 & 22 light and a splash. His price is crazy low. I know because I've been thinking of selling my 13 k/z, 16 K dark thin and 22 K Light and would probably price them at 700. I've researched it. And with stimulus checks coming in 3 weeks or so prices are going to edge up.

Hideousdivinity

Reaction score
I hear ya on everything but from i remember i paid over 800 I forgot the exact amount but it was closer to 9. Yes they are used but not taken out to gigs and abused. They pretty much has been in my rehearsal space and used sparingly but I do understand they are used nonetheless. I did trade the hats for the ones I have up with the set but I didn't think 750 was a crazy number. Also I knew I might get chewed down a bit. Keep in mind these are the bigger sizes then the normal 14, 16, 18, 20 pack.
Bottom line is im looking at the sabian freq set so however I do it wether it be selling them to get them or trading them one by one or all together for some dark HHX's. So however it works out im just looking to switch them up.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry you can not get a Zildjian K set of 14, 16, 18 & 20 for 700. Just checked ebay, amazon and shopping on google. And even then he has a 19 & 22 light and a splash. His price is crazy low. I know because I've been thinking of selling my 13 k/z, 16 K dark thin and 22 K Light and would probably price them at 700. I've researched it. And with stimulus checks coming in 3 weeks or so prices are going to edge up.
.............I bought 14 hats, 16, 18, 20 K0800 "demo" pack in 2018 from Cascio Interstate Music for $719 delivered. I have a screen shot of that transaction if you have any doubts.

And there were several other retailers/drum shops in that $695-$730 price range....but none offering a warranty or the financial backing of one of the nation's largest dealers. Cascio seemed to be the best bet. Set looked brand new with essentially not a mark. They did not look played on. I do recall seeing some at similar prices in the past 6-12 months. Been there....done that. I didn't want to pay the brand new price of $950-$1150. May not be any deals week to week.....but these Demo deals do show up multiple times per year on Ebay from various retailers. I wouldn't think Amazon would be selling a used product like these once used/open box demo packs. With Cascio possibly leaving the market, these "demo" packs could become less available.

Here's one for $719 that was just on Ebay in March. Only took me a minute to find it. Seller appears to be putting one set up for sale each month. Seller has one for sale right now. I wouldn't expect Amazon to be competition for this.

Ebay Zildjian K0800 packs for sale ..........$719.99 demo pack.....inside my quoted range of $700-$720 stated earlier in the thread.

Next best are some for $799 "used." Though I suspect these are also once used or once shipped/opened up demo sets since they have over 10 sets. You can buy the same set for $980 brand new from multiple sellers.

Last edited:

Hideousdivinity

Reaction score
.............I bought 14 hats, 16, 18, 20 K0800 "demo" pack in 2018 from Cascio Interstate Music for $719 delivered. I have a screen shot of that transaction if you have any doubts.

And there were several other retailers/drum shops in that $695-$730 price range....but none offering a warranty or the financial backing of one of the nation's largest dealers. Cascio seemed to be the best bet. Set looked brand new with essentially not a mark. They did not look played on. I do recall seeing some at similar prices in the past 6-12 months. Been there....done that. I didn't want to pay the brand new price of $950-$1150. May not be any deals week to week.....but these Demo deals do show up multiple times per year on Ebay from various retailers. I wouldn't think Amazon would be selling a used product like these once used/open box demo packs. With Cascio possibly leaving the market, these "demo" packs could become less available.

Here's one for $719 that was just on Ebay in March. Only took me a minute to find it. Seller appears to be putting one up for sale each month. Seller has one for sale right now. Hit the BIN for $719.99 and it's yours. I wouldn't expect Amazon to be competition for this.

Ebay Zildjian K0800 packs for sale ..........$719.99

-----------------------------

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zildjian-K800-Cymbal-4-Pack-20-K-Ride-16-18-Dark-Thin-14-Hi-Hats-Used/133002295566?hash=item1ef78df90e:g:avcAAOSwiAFcmRZf

There's one for $799 "used." Though I suspect these are also once used or once shipped/opened up demo sets since they have over 10 sets. You can buy the same set for $980 brand new from multiple sellers.
Wasn't doubting you lol

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score

Here's one for $719 that was just on Ebay in March. Only took me a minute to find it. Seller appears to be putting one set up for sale each month. Seller has one for sale right now. I wouldn't expect Amazon to be competition for this.

Ebay Zildjian K0800 packs for sale ..........$719.99 demo pack.....inside my quoted range of $700-$720 stated earlier in the thread.

Next best are some for $799 "used." Though I suspect these are also once used or once shipped/opened up demo sets since they have over 10 sets. You can buy the same set for $980 brand new from multiple sellers.
That was posted on Feb 27th and its the smaller sizes and not a light ride. The cheapest set of K's on ebay right now is $979.

His price is way more than fair its just hard to find a buyer looking for a whole set of used cymbals. If I was the original poster I would sell them individually.

Good luck mate.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That was posted on Feb 27th and its the smaller sizes and not a light ride. The cheapest set of K's on ebay right now is $979.
The Whale, I clearly posted on the link above to their last SOLD set of these. And mentioned they have a CURRENT set for sale today at $719. It is linked below. This is a K800 Pack in standard sizes, exactly what I said was available for $700-$720 in my first post. And you clearly stated above....."Sorry you can not get a Zildjian K set of 14, 16, 18 & 20 for 700. Just checked ebay, amazon and shopping on google." Yes, the larger sizes and light ride are probably worth more. That was not the initial argument or assertion.

Current set of K0800 cymbals. You can buy them right now. $719.99

Last edited:

Latest posts