Zildjian L80 Low Volume demo

kaide

Reaction score
Hi, I bought this low volume cymbal set 2 weeks ago for the late hours practising and they work great for that purpose.
Stick rebound feels natural and the volume is so much quieter compared to regular cymbals.
Before buying these I tried to find as much info as possible and there were a couple of positive threads here on DFO.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is this a Sabian pad on top of the snare? I use the same combo, my favoirte snare pad so far. What do you use on the bass drum?

kaide

Reaction score
Is this a Sabian pad on top of the snare? I use the same combo, my favoirte snare pad so far. What do you use on the bass drum?
Yes, it's the Sabian Quiet Tone pad and I just have a little towel taped to the kick head to muffle it a little bit. Works great for low volume practise.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love the L80's for apartment practice.
IMHO they are way better than electronic stuff and paired with Aquarian superpads its the only practice setup I've had where I actually want to go and practice.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Love the L80's for apartment practice.
IMHO they are way better than electronic stuff and paired with Aquarian superpads its the only practice setup I've had where I actually want to go and practice.
Agree, I have just the L80 20" ride and 14" hats on a practice kit with Aquarian Superpads in my living room and I'm very happy with it.

Jazzcrimes

Reaction score
Just got a set of hats & 18 ride. These things are truly game changers for low volume practice. They feel like real cymbals. Best innovation in cymbals/drums in my lifetime.

particularly In COVID times where playing out is not happening and many are forced to exclusively practice in their home/apartment - these are genius. Must buy IMHO.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
I have the Chinese knock-off version of these you see on ebay. They're less tizzy and louder -- more cymbal like. In fact, they're a little out of balance (louder) with Remo Silent Stroke heads on a set. But, the set is 8 and 10 up top, a 13 floor and 14x18 BD, so that may be in part why the cymbals play louder.

The set was 14 hats, 16, 18 crash, and 20 ride. IIRC I paid $180 shipped. The seller was in the US but these were the same sets you see on ebay from Chinese sellers.

I've had them for going on a year and I think they do their intended job very, very well.