Zildjian main crash opinions

Colby744

Reaction score
Hey DFO,

I’ve been playing a Paiste Masters Thin 20 on my left side as my main crash. It’s a beautiful cymbal but it’s being moved to my right side crash as a “big moment” cymbal due to its wash and amount of area it covers sonically.

I love the K zildjian stuff, my main ride is a 23 k sweet ride and k light 15 hats.

I’m looking for a cymbal that is small enough for a conventional crash decay but washy enough for me to stay on for an entire chorus.

I’m between a K sweet 19 crash, K dark custom 19, k dark thin, or an avedis 19 crash. What are y’all thoughts? I’ve leaned towards the k sweet but am not sure yet.

mw13068

Reaction score
I love my Z K Custom Dark 20" crash. It sits in the mix right where I like it. Doesn't get in anyone's way unless I smash the hell out of it.

Last edited:

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
my p
Hey DFO,

I’ve been playing a Paiste Masters Thin 20 on my left side as my main crash. It’s a beautiful cymbal but it’s being moved to my right side crash as a “big moment” cymbal due to its wash and amount of area it covers sonically.

I love the K zildjian stuff, my main ride is a 23 k sweet ride and k light 15 hats.

I’m looking for a cymbal that is small enough for a conventional crash decay but washy enough for me to stay on for an entire chorus.

I’m between a K sweet 19 crash, K dark custom 19, k dark thin, or an avedis 19 crash. What are y’all thoughts? I’ve leaned towards the k sweet but am not sure yet.
There's options. How thin and responsive do you want it to be ? All those 19's you mentioned are medium thin to my touch. I'd look for the thinnest one you could fine, probably the 19 sweet or a thinner Dark Thin.

I use a 20 602 Thin Crash in a set up like that. I was using an 18 602 but not enough body.

Good luck

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Out of several options I currently have my K custom dark 19” is the one that is my go to for just about my situation...

Latest posts