Zildjian models from 1970 to 2017 includes start and end dates of models

healthie1

Reaction score
for the 20" zildjian pre aged dry light ride you didn't post a year - is this still being regularly produced, or an error?

zenstat

Reaction score
for the 20" zildjian pre aged dry light ride you didn't post a year - is this still being regularly produced, or an error?

This document was kindly supplied to the Cymbalholic community by Paul Frances a few years back. That is why it ends at 2017. It is a great start but not quite 100% complete. I'm slowly (with the accent on slow) working my way through it to check it against catalogs, flyers, ads, price lists, etc. It will eventually form the backbone of a complete list of models and series for all Avedis Zildjian cymbals. This will go into the wiki with the same level of detail we have for, say, Paiste models and series:

Your question provides a good worked example. The Pre Aged Dry Light Ride 20" diameter does not have an end date. That is an omission. It is not in production. In order to pin down the year it went out of production we need to collect examples of laser serial numbers on 20" PADLRs and see when they stop. When I last wrote up something on PADLRs

I didn't yet have an end year, I just knew they went to at least 2001. Since then we have 2005.

You can help me with the end year if you (or anybody reading this) has an example of a later 20" PADLR. This is how the collective knowledge is built up, one little cymbal at a time. I've currently got over 17,000 in my database.

Last edited:

varatrodder

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is from Modern Drummer's 1991 buying guide.

EDIT: Wow, that is really impossible to read. Here is a Dropbox link. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j3n430mcywd5nev/AAB014aO6-JBKdCStii5EM6Ma?dl=0

October 1991_Page_1.jpg

October 1991_Page_2.jpg

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this pdf will work....here's a list of models that Zenstat post some time ago, I always mean to make it a sticky.
Does list include the Meductic factory as well? I don't see anything concerning the Canadian made K's from the late 70's