Zone Music Flea Market

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
Two, sometimes three times a year a local music store has a flea market behind the store. Pretty much all kinds of gear shows up but most attendees only buy the cheap stuff. I ended up selling $52 worth of cheap stuff so I decided to take a walk around. I scored 2 vintage Ludwig cases, one black and the other a sort of fake tweed from the 50's for $10 each. I also scored a super clean 70's Ludwig timbale stand for $8. I passed on a really nice Ludwig Acro for $100. Had it been a Supra I would've been all over it (I know, I know :rolleyes: )

I sure I missed some other stuff but I was busy at my own table. Where was 4164SB when I needed him?

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
sounds like you got some nice scores. those ludwig cases are great. that tweed model is to die for i think.

mike

vintagemore2000

DFO Master
Reaction score
Two, sometimes three times a year a local music store has a flea market behind the store. Pretty much all kinds of gear shows up but most attendees only buy the cheap stuff. I ended up selling $52 worth of cheap stuff so I decided to take a walk around. I scored 2 vintage Ludwig cases, one black and the other a sort of fake tweed from the 50's for $10 each. I also scored a super clean 70's Ludwig timbale stand for $8. I passed on a really nice Ludwig Acro for $100. Had it been a Supra I would've been all over it (I know, I know :rolleyes: )

I sure I missed some other stuff but I was busy at my own table. Where was 4164SB when I needed him?
I wish we had that here where I'm at, but great score, is the case like this one??

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
How much are the Fleas and why do people want Fleas? :D
I bought a yard once at a sale. I passed on the Garage.

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
I stopped by around 1PM, the place was a ghost town. What were you selling?
1976 Slingerland kit, 1963 Rogers kit and a bunch of crap. I sold most of the crap! Will I ever learn? It was fun though to see the reaction to the red,white & blue Slingerland Avante set-up, they created quite a buzz just no greens! I hate to sell this kit but I've got my eye on a George Way kit and I need to move something. Same with the Rogers kit.

I bailed at 11:15 as I had band rehearsal and I noticed most started following my lead.

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
I wish we had that here where I'm at, but great score, is the case like this one??
[/quote]

Yes but not deep like that one. It works perfect for my 70's Ludwig 6.5x14 SS. The black one has become the new home for my 1929 Ludwig BB.

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've been to Zone before. In Cotati, right? Nice little shop...