Zoomatic Tension Screw Size and Thread Pitch

covinasurf

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the tension screw size and thread pitch on a Slingy Zoomatic is?

It looks like a #10 but not sure if it's a 24 or 32 thread pitch. I just got a Zoomatic with a box of toys and it looks like it's in good shape other than the stripped threads on the tension screw.

Thanks,
JH

squidart

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The knob on that tone control looks MIJ since it's not a solid cast. Not sure though.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the tension screw size and thread pitch on a Slingy Zoomatic is?

It looks like a #10 but not sure if it's a 24 or 32 thread pitch. I just got a Zoomatic with a box of toys and it looks like it's in good shape other than the stripped threads on the tension screw.

Thanks,
JH
What year are we talking about? All Niles-era Zoomatics use left-hand threaded shafts and shell nut. It probably is a 32 pitch thread, but not sure if it's a #8 or #10. Still, they are left-hand threaded and it's difficult to find a matching tap and die.

Concerning the tone control, as mentioned above, the knob is an MIJ.

-Mark

covinasurf

Reaction score
What year are we talking about? All Niles-era Zoomatics use left-hand threaded shafts and shell nut. It probably is a 32 pitch thread, but not sure if it's a #8 or #10. Still, they are left-hand threaded and it's difficult to find a matching tap and die.

Concerning the tone control, as mentioned above, the knob is an MIJ.

-Mark
Good point on the left handed thread.
I did figure the tone control must have been MIJ.
Thanks

JH

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little smaller than a drum tension rod, little finer pitch and left hand thread is all I can give you. Yes, MIJ muffler. I have a similar one.

covinasurf

Reaction score
Thanks Larry3 that helps a lot. Left handed dies are on the pricy side.
I bought a replacement nut as this one’s pretty trashed.

JH