zoomatic

atomicmorganic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just got a Slingerland Krupa Sound King and the throw is munged up. There is no adjusting knob and I can't figure out how the adjustment mechanism works. I'm able to turn the adjusting rod with vice grips, but it has no effect. I'm now thinking about making an adaptor plate to mount a different throw. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know how the Zoomatic is supposed to work? Thanks.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
There should be a knob and a lever as well. I like Zoomatics. Evidently, people had a tendency to over tighten them and ruin them, but they are great when they're right. I'd say just take it apart and take a look at it and you'll get the idea.

atomicmorganic

DFO Master
Reaction score
THANK YOU! RichK and David. Took a trip to the hardware store, but now my throw is working great. Now I need to come up with some kind of knob.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
THANK YOU! RichK and David. Took a trip to the hardware store, but now my throw is working great. Now I need to come up with some kind of knob.

Ok, time to bring this topic back to the present!

I have 2 Zoomatic strainers. All I need are 2 replacement knobs. I DON'T want to have to buy complete replacement throwoffs, I just want to know how to replace the knob. What part at a hardware store [or online] is a cheap replacement??

THANKS!