Zyn

mitch1967

Reaction score
And here is a vid. I stumbled upon.

I think it was resolved that it was a standard Zyn, not a Super Zyn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
mitch1967 said:
mlayton said:
poot said:
All this Zyn talk has me thinking about grabbing that 20" ride from the pawnshop. Hmmm.
poot-let us know if ya do. would love some feedback on that one.

mike
Yes I would like to know as well. I am also keen on hearing the Super Zyn line. Seeing if they are worth a dable at.

Also this may have already been covered, but did Moon use Zyn's, as being a big endorsor of Premier? Or did he use Zildjians?

O and if you have any way of recording the Zyn, mlayton, and posting it up, that would be awsome!

-Conrad
As far as I know, Moon used Zildjians primarily, with a detour into the Paiste 2002 line during the mid-70's. By the time they recorded "Who Are You," studio footage shows him playing Zildjians again.

mitch1967

Reaction score
[/quote]
As far as I know, Moon used Zildjians primarily, with a detour into the Paiste 2002 line during the mid-70's. By the time they recorded "Who Are You," studio footage shows him playing Zildjians again.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Do you know what Mitch Mitchell played while he was with the Experience?

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
mitch1967 said:

As far as I know, Moon used Zildjians primarily, with a detour into the Paiste 2002 line during the mid-70's. By the time they recorded "Who Are You," studio footage shows him playing Zildjians again.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Do you know what Mitch Mitchell played while he was with the Experience?[/quote]
Sorry I missed your question, Mitch! :oops: I'm not 100% sure what Mitch used with the Experience---I found an old issue of Modern Drummer with a Mitch interview (Dec. 81-Jan. 82), and he was pretty vague about equipment---he said that he got a lot of his cymbals from pawn shops and second hand stores and didn't endorse anything . I do know that at least one of his cymbals on the DVD of Hendrix at Woodstock looked like a Paiste Giant Beat, and most of the rest looked an awful lot like Zildjians.

mitch1967

Reaction score
Luddite said:
As far as I know, Moon used Zildjians primarily, with a detour into the Paiste 2002 line during the mid-70's. By the time they recorded "Who Are You," studio footage shows him playing Zildjians again.

Thanks for the info. Do you know what Mitch Mitchell played while he was with the Experience?[/quote]
Sorry I missed your question, Mitch! :oops: I'm not 100% sure what Mitch used with the Experience---I found an old issue of Modern Drummer with a Mitch interview (Dec. 81-Jan. 82), and he was pretty vague about equipment---he said that he got a lot of his cymbals from pawn shops and second hand stores and didn't endorse anything . I do know that at least one of his cymbals on the DVD of Hendrix at Woodstock looked like a Paiste Giant Beat, and most of the rest looked an awful lot like Zildjians.[/quote]

Yeah I heard something before that he used a Paiste 602 or something. I would assume that it is his 22 or 24" cymbal, always to his far right, with 12 or so rivets in it. It sounds pretty flat. A matter a fact, I bought the Woodstock DVD recently and I saw a close up of the brand of sticks he was using, and an ink mark on one of the cymbals he was using. Im going to try to upload shots of both of them, to try to determine what he used.

They will be up soon.