ZZ Top Will Carry On. Tour Resumes Friday?

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Wow. Frank seems all over the place with his time. I heard clear rushing and a substantial drag. And not like Charlie Watts where it's planned. But bad.....
I must have watched a different vid.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Maybe - but in general, the fans seem totally ignorant to anything beyond their fantasies regarding their "hero".

Fans will say "Well they should stop doing ZZTop (or The Who or whoever) out of some kind for respect". Or even raise an accusatory eyebrow at them performing so soon - as your topic title seems to imply... Such a romantic notion - and so easy to make from those with no skin in the game beyond a few posters hung in their bedroom....

But what about the 10-20 families whose financially depend on their being a ZZTop year after year to pay their mortgage, feed their kids. ZZTop likely have people working for them that have been with them for 20? 30 years?

So when someone in a fan's family dies - everyone in that family has to lose their jobs?? Because that is exactly what this good-hearted, but ignorantly selfish fan sentiment ends up amounting to.

Same bit with the upcoming concert... every concert an artist bails on at the last minute stands a good chance of tanking a local promoter - and the families that rely on his business existing. That's a lot of potential carnage to spread around simply because "We're sad - and out of respect for our fallen band member, we need to back out of all of our previous commitments"

It's so weird to me how so many folks - even players like we have here - that don't get the field of music really does depend a lot on people standing behind that old adage - "The show must go on". It's to just a not true saying - it is actually a necessary component of making our field viable to any degree at all.

Sadly - many artists don't seem to get this. But luckily it sounds like ZZTop gets it. To which I'm sure their staff and crew and other support folks are very grateful.
It appears bands can cancel performances when it's important to them. https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/a...s-after-singer-tyler-enters-rehab-2022-05-24/

Mayan

Reaction score
It appears bands can cancel performances when it's important to them. https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/a...s-after-singer-tyler-enters-rehab-2022-05-24/
Maybe the argument about lots of people being out of a job doesn’t apply here? Either because MGM can and will immediately reassign those workers to another project, or possibly because there is a big old insurance policy that will pay everyone’s salary in case something like this goes down? Including any of Aerosmith’s “must hire” people, like drum and guitar techs etc.??

Just a guess. Like when Nicole Kidman hurts her wrist on the set, and the movie is shut down for a few weeks while she heals, everyone gets a paid vacation (she is notorious for this so her projects are very pricey to insure).

Little b

Reaction score
Caught their Victoria, BC tour performance recently. A great show imho and Elwood seemed to fit right in with his real beard which Billy said was "the real deal". Billy did all the singing and Frank was locked-in all night from my perspective. All in all a very fun evening for this West Coaster!